Zinc Die Casting
Trident Components can use its capabilities and innovation to provide first-class zinc die casting services at a very reasonable price. Zinc die casting is one of the most widely used die casting processes available. Zinc is one of the easiest metals to cast to create components used in applications including automotive, electronics and more. The zinc die casting process yields high quality products with a number of material and production related benefits.
Zinc Die Casting Advantages
Zinc alloys used in die casting development possess properties that make production simple, while providing an end-product that is durable. Zinc's strength and hardness administer high impact strength and stability that make assembly uncomplicated. The high ductility of zinc alloys is ideal for the die casting process with a strong ability to be contorted and expanded without fracturing under pressure. Other strengths of zinc alloys used in die casting are:
- Electrical and thermal conductivity for ease of molding under the pressure of the die casting process while maintaining physical strength
- Low cost raw material for one of the most cost-effective processes and end products possible
- Strong stability allows a long-lasting end product with high quality finishing properties
- Thin walls assist in corrosion resistance for end products, increasing ability to outlast harsh environments
- Zinc is one of the easiest alloys to cast: it offers high ductility, high impact strength, and is easily plated
- It is economical for small die cast parts
- Zinc has a low melting point
- It promotes long die life
Zinc Alloys for Die Casting
- Zamak 2 - Has a higher Copper content, which makes this material more expensive than other zinc alloys. This however means that it is significantly stronger than other Zamak alloys, but doesn't hold up as well over time. Main uses include gravity casting as it possesses high creep performance allowing Zamak 2 to withstand pressure under the load implemented by the die casting process.
- Zamak 3 - The most widely used Zamak material due to a strong combination of overall strength, impact strength and ductility while providing excellent plating and finishing characteristics. Zamak 3 is widely used for multiple general purpose zinc die casting applications. It is often the first choice for die casting applications since it has proven long-term stability.
- Zamak 5 - Roughly the same composition as Zamak 3, but has slightly more Copper. The addition of Copper increases the strength, hardness and corrosion resistance of this zinc alloy. The higher Copper content also decreases the ductility and isn't formed as easily as other materials.
- Zamak 7 - Is the most ductile of the four Zamak materials provided by Trident Components with a lower Magnesium content. While the ease of production is increased with Zamak 7 because its composition provides more fluidity, other properties including strength remain fairly consistent with that of Zamak 3.
Zinc Die Casting Services
Trident Components offers outstanding zinc die casting services for high-quality components at a great piece part price. To achieve this, we are able to acquire raw materials at very low costs. (We don't focus on any single alloy, either – we are proud to provide die casting for every commercially available zinc alloy on the market.) Due to this and our highly efficient manufacturing processes, we're able to offer a price per part that is 10-20% below our competitors.
For affordable zinc die casting services, we have focused on tooling prices, one of the biggest costs involved in die casting. We’re proud to offer tooling at extremely low prices, generally 10% of the costs of our competitors. Our low per-part costs and tooling costs make zinc die casting within reach of even the smallest manufacturers.
We also offer a range of zinc die casting services for JIT inventory systems, including presses at the ready for quick production and warehousing services available for weekly, monthly or quarterly deliveries
Zinc die casting services from Trident Components will provide you with an accurately cast and economical product every time to meet your specific needs.
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote from Trident Components
or call us today at 888-312-0745